Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The district has all the rights, powers, and privileges granted water control and improvement districts by:
(1) Chapter 51, Water Code; and
(2) other laws relating to water control and improvement districts.
(b) Repealed by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., ch. 729, § 2.02(18).
(c) In addition to powers granted the district under other law, the district has the power to:
(1) control, store, conserve, protect, distribute, and use the storm and flood waters in the district for all useful purposes permitted by law;
(2) implement flood prevention and control measures in the district and prevent or aid in preventing damage to district lands and the soil and fertility of those lands;
(3) receive and accept technical and financial assistance from other districts or state agencies or from the United States to accomplish district purposes; and
(4) purchase, construct, maintain, or in any other manner acquire, provide, and develop all works, facilities, improvements, lands, easements, and properties that may be necessary or useful in fulfilling any purpose of the district.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Special District Local Laws Code - SDLL § 9003.101. General Powers - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/special-district-local-laws-code/sdll-sect-9003-101/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.