(a) The authority may enter into a contract, lease, or other agreement necessary or
convenient to carry out a power given to the authority by this chapter.
(b) The authority may enter into the contract, lease, or agreement with any person,
(1) an individual or artificial entity;
(2) a corporation, including a municipal corporation and a public or private corporation;
(3) a government or governmental agency, including the United States and this state.
(c) The authority may:
(1) convey or cause to be conveyed any of its property to the United States; and
(2) enter into a lease, regardless of whether it includes a privilege of purchase,
with the United States relating to any property and obligate the authority to pay
rent under the lease from the income or other revenue of the property.
(d) A contract, lease, or agreement under this section must be approved by resolution
of the board and must be executed by the president and attested by the secretary-treasurer.
(e) This section does not authorize the assumption by the authority of any obligation
requiring a payment from taxes.
(f) The property to which Subsection (c) applies includes a right, land, tenement,
easement, improvement, reservoir, dam, canal, plant, lateral, work, and facility.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.