Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The district is composed of the territory described by Section 4, Chapter 675, Acts of the 62nd Legislature, Regular Session, 1971, as that territory may have been modified under:
(1) Subchapter H, Chapter 54, Water Code;
(2) Subchapter J, Chapter 49, Water Code; or
(3) other law.
(b) The boundaries and field notes of the district form a closure. A mistake in copying the field notes in the legislative process or another mistake in the field notes does not affect:
(1) the district's organization, existence, or validity;
(2) the district's right to issue any type of bonds for a purpose for which the district is created or to pay the principal of and interest on the bonds;
(3) the district's right to impose a tax; or
(4) the legality or operation of the district or its governing body.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Special District Local Laws Code - SDLL § 8215.004. District Territory - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/special-district-local-laws-code/sdll-sect-8215-004/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.