Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The district is composed of the territory described by Section 2, Chapter 146, Acts of the 61st Legislature, Regular Session, 1969 (Article 8280-403, Vernon's Texas Civil Statutes), as that territory may have been modified under:
(1) Subchapter H, Chapter 54, Water Code;
(2) Subchapter J, Chapter 49, Water Code;
(3) former Section 9, Chapter 146, Acts of the 61st Legislature, Regular Session, 1969 (Article 8280-403, Vernon's Texas Civil Statutes); or
(4) other law.
(b) The boundaries and field notes of the district form a closure. If a mistake is made in the field notes or in copying the field notes in the legislative process, the mistake does not affect:
(1) the district's organization, existence, and validity;
(2) the district's right to issue any type of bond for a purpose for which the district is created or to pay the principal of and interest on the bond;
(3) the district's right to impose a tax; or
(4) the legality or operation of the district or the board.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Special District Local Laws Code - SDLL § 8179.004. District Territory - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/special-district-local-laws-code/sdll-sect-8179-004/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.