Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The district is created to serve a public use and benefit.
(b) All land and other property included in the district will benefit from the improvements and services to be provided by the district under powers conferred by Sections 52 and 52-a, Article III, and Section 59, Article XVI, Texas Constitution, and other powers granted under this chapter.
(c) The creation of the district is in the public interest and is essential to:
(1) further the public purposes of developing and diversifying the economy of the state;
(2) eliminate unemployment and underemployment; and
(3) develop or expand transportation and commerce.
(d) The district will:
(1) promote the health, safety, and general welfare of residents, employers, potential employees, employees, visitors, and consumers in the district, and of the public;
(2) provide needed funding for the district to preserve, maintain, and enhance the economic health and vitality of the district territory as a community and business center;
(3) promote the health, safety, welfare, and enjoyment of the public by providing pedestrian ways and road facilities and by landscaping and developing certain areas in the district, which are necessary for the restoration, preservation, and enhancement of scenic beauty; and
(4) provide for water, wastewater, drainage, road, and recreational facilities for the district.
(e) Pedestrian ways along or across a street, whether at grade or above or below the surface, and street lighting, street landscaping, parking, and street art objects are parts of and necessary components of a street and are considered to be a street or road improvement.
(f) The district will not act as the agent or instrumentality of any private interest even though the district will benefit many private interests as well as the public.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Special District Local Laws Code - SDLL § 3872.006. Findings of Benefit and Public Purpose - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/special-district-local-laws-code/sdll-sect-3872-006/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?