Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The district is composed of the territory described by Section 2 of the Act enacting this chapter, as that territory may have been modified under:
(1) Subchapter J, Chapter 49, Water Code;
(2) Section 3860.111; or
(3) other law.
(b) The boundaries and field notes of the district contained in Section 2 of the Act enacting this chapter form a closure. A mistake in the field notes or in copying the field notes in the legislative process does not in any way affect:
(1) the district's organization, existence, and validity;
(2) the district's right to issue any type of bond, including a refunding bond, for a purpose for which the district is created or to pay the principal of and interest on the bond;
(3) the district's right to impose and collect an assessment or tax; or
(4) the legality or operation of the district or the board.
(c) A description of the district's boundaries shall be filed with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. The commission by order may correct a mistake in the description of the district's boundaries.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Special District Local Laws Code - SDLL § 3860.005. District Territory - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/special-district-local-laws-code/sdll-sect-3860-005/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?