Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this chapter:
(1) “Board” means the board of directors of the district.
(2) “District” means the Great Southwest Improvement District.
(1) An election shall be held to determine if a district may contract a bonded indebtedness for the benefit of the district or a service area or combination of service areas of the district.
(2) If the bonded indebtedness is for the benefit of the district, all district voters residing within the boundaries of the district are entitled to vote in the election. If the bonded indebtedness is for the benefit of a service area or combination of service areas of the district, only the district voters residing within the boundaries of the affected service area or service areas are entitled to vote in the election.
(3) The district board may order the election on its own motion, or shall order the election if a petition is filed as provided in ORS 341.678 on behalf of the voters of the district or the service area or service areas. The election shall be held in accordance with the provisions of ORS 341.356 to 341.379.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Special District Local Laws Code - SDLL § 3823.001. Definitions - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/special-district-local-laws-code/sdll-sect-3823-001/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?