Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The district administrator shall prepare an annual budget for approval by the board.
(b) The proposed budget must contain a complete financial statement of:
(1) the outstanding obligations of the district;
(2) the cash on hand in each district fund;
(3) the money received by the district from all sources during the previous year;
(4) the money available to the district from all sources during the ensuing year;
(5) the balances expected at the end of the year in which the budget is being prepared;
(6) the estimated revenue and balances available to cover the proposed budget;
(7) the estimated tax rate required; and
(8) the proposed expenditures and disbursements and the estimated receipts and collections for the following fiscal year.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Special District Local Laws Code - SDLL § 1016.151. Budget - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/special-district-local-laws-code/sdll-sect-1016-151/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.