Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this chapter:
(1) “Custody” has the meaning assigned by Section 38.01.
(2) “Escape” has the meaning assigned by Section 38.01.
(3) “Deadly force” means force that is intended or known by the actor to cause, or in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing, death or serious bodily injury.
(4) “Habitation” has the meaning assigned by Section 30.01.
(5) “Vehicle” has the meaning assigned by Section 30.01.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 9.01. Definitions - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-9-01/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.