Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this chapter:
(1) “Alcohol concentration” means the number of grams of alcohol per:
(A) 210 liters of breath;
(B) 100 milliliters of blood; or
(C) 67 milliliters of urine.
(2) “Intoxicated” means:
(A) not having the normal use of mental or physical faculties by reason of the introduction of alcohol, a controlled substance, a drug, a dangerous drug, a combination of two or more of those substances, or any other substance into the body; or
(B) having an alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more.
(3) “Motor vehicle” has the meaning assigned by Section 32.34(a).
(4) “Watercraft” means a vessel, one or more water skis, an aquaplane, or another device used for transporting or carrying a person on water, other than a device propelled only by the current of water.
(5) “Amusement ride” has the meaning assigned by Section 2151.002, Occupations Code.
(6) “Mobile amusement ride” has the meaning assigned by Section 2151.002, Occupations Code.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 49.01. Definitions - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-49-01/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.