Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
A lawyer referral service does not include:
(1) an organization that recommends, furnishes, or pays for legal services for its members or beneficiaries and that satisfies the conditions of the Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct or other rules adopted by the supreme court;
(2) a plan of prepaid legal services insurance;
(3) a referral made by one lawyer to another lawyer that conforms with the Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct or other rules adopted by the supreme court;
(4) lawyers who jointly advertise their services in a manner that clearly shows that the advertising is intended solely to solicit clients for those lawyers; or
(5) a service of a pro bono publico legal assistance program that does not accept a fee from either the lawyer or the client.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Occupations Code - OCC § 952.003. Applicability of Chapter - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/occupations-code/occ-sect-952-003/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.