(a) A person violates this chapter if the person, in arranging for funeral services
or merchandise, fails to:
(1) provide a prospective customer at the beginning of the arrangement process with
a copy of the brochure required by Section 651.404;
(2) provide to a prospective customer inquiring in person about any funeral service
or merchandise a retail price list for the prospective customer to keep;
(3) explain to a prospective customer that a contractual agreement for funeral services
or merchandise may not be entered into before a retail price list is provided to the
prospective customer; or
(4) provide general price information by telephone within a reasonable time.
(b) A person violates this chapter if the person restricts, hinders, or attempts to
restrict or hinder:
(1) advertising or disclosure of prices and other information regarding the availability
of funeral services and funeral merchandise that is not unfair or deceptive to consumers;
(2) an agreement for funeral services between a consumer and a funeral director or
(c) A person associated with a funeral establishment violates this chapter if the
person solicits business or offers an inducement to secure or attempt to secure business
for the funeral establishment unless the solicitation is made under a permit issued
under Chapter 154, Finance Code.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.