(a) The board by rule shall adopt a schedule of administrative penalties and other
sanctions that the board may impose under this chapter. In adopting the schedule of sanctions, the board shall ensure that the amount of
the penalty or severity of the sanction imposed is appropriate to the type of violation
or conduct that is the basis for disciplinary action. In determining the appropriate disciplinary action, including the amount of any
administrative penalty to assess, the board shall consider:
(1) the seriousness of the violation, including:
(A) the nature, circumstances, extent, and gravity of the violation; and
(B) the hazard or potential hazard created to the health, safety, or economic welfare
of the public;
(2) the history of previous violations;
(3) the amount necessary to deter future violations;
(4) efforts to correct the violation;
(5) the economic harm to the public interest or public confidence caused by the violation;
(6) whether the violation was intentional; and
(7) any other matter that justice requires.
(b) The board shall make the schedule of sanctions adopted under Subsection (a) available
to the public on request.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.