(a) The board shall develop a policy to encourage the use of:
(1) negotiated rulemaking under Chapter 2008, Government Code, for the adoption of
board rules; and
(2) appropriate alternative dispute resolution procedures under Chapter 2009, Government
Code, to assist in the resolution of internal and external disputes under the board's
(b) The board's procedures relating to alternative dispute resolution must conform,
to the extent possible, to any model guidelines issued by the State Office of Administrative
Hearings for the use of alternative dispute resolution by state agencies.
(c) The board shall:
(1) coordinate the implementation of the policy adopted under Subsection (a);
(2) provide training as needed to implement the procedures for negotiated rulemaking
or alternative dispute resolution; and
(3) collect data concerning the effectiveness of those procedures.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.