Board rules adopted under Section 254.002 to regulate advertising may include restrictions that prohibit communications to
the public that:
(1) are false, misleading, or deceptive;
(2) state an opinion regarding the quality of dental services;
(3) appeal to an individual's anxiety in an excessive or unfair way;
(4) intimidate or exert undue pressure or undue influence over a prospective patient;
(5) create unjustified expectations concerning the potential result of a dental treatment;
(6) refer to benefits or other attributes of dental procedures or products that involve
significant risks without including realistic assessments of the safety and efficacy
of those procedures or products;
(7) contain statistical data, representations, or other information that is not susceptible
to reasonable verification by the public;
(8) refer to a fee for dental services without disclosing that additional fees may
be involved in individual cases, if the possibility of additional fees may be reasonably
(9) offer a discount for dental services without disclosing the total fee to which
the discount will apply; or
(10) fail to make truthful disclosure of the source and authorship of any message
published under a dentist's byline.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.