(a) The board shall adopt rules to establish minimum emergency preparedness standards
and requirements for the administration of anesthesia under a permit issued under
this subchapter. The rules must require a permit holder to:
(1) have available at any time the permit holder administers anesthesia:
(A) an adequate and unexpired supply of drugs and anesthetic agents necessary for
the safe administration of anesthesia; and
(2) conduct periodic inspections of the permit holder's equipment in the manner and
on the schedule determined by the board;
(3) maintain and make available to the board on request an equipment readiness log;
(4) develop and annually update written policies, procedures, and training requirements,
specific to the permit holder's equipment and drugs, for responding to emergency situations
(b) Rules adopted under Subsection (a)(4) must require a holder of a level 2, level
3, or level 4 permit to develop policies and procedures that include:
(1) advanced cardiac life support rescue protocols;
(2) advanced airway management techniques; and
(3) if the permit holder is authorized to administer anesthesia to pediatric patients,
pediatric advanced life support rescue protocols.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.