A metal recycling entity shall post in a conspicuous location a notice that:
(1) is readily visible to a person selling material to the metal recycling entity;
(2) is at least 24 inches horizontally by 18 inches vertically; and
(3) contains the following language:
TEXAS LAW PROHIBITS:
1. THE SALE OF A WHOLE, FLATTENED, OR JUNKED MOTOR VEHICLE, AN APPLIANCE, OR ANY OTHER
SCRAP METAL ITEM CONTAINING A LEAD-ACID BATTERY, FUEL TANK THAT HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETELY
DRAINED AND RENDERED UNUSABLE, OR PCB-CONTAINING CAPACITOR; AND
2. THE SALE OF LEAD-ACID BATTERIES, FUEL TANKS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN COMPLETELY DRAINED
AND RENDERED UNUSABLE, OR PCB-CONTAINING CAPACITORS INCLUDED WITH OTHER SCRAP METALS
WITHOUT OUR PRIOR WRITTEN ACKNOWLEDGMENT.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.