Skip to main content

Texas Occupations Code - OCC § 1151.202. Denial of Registration;  Disciplinary Action

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) The department may deny an application for registration of or take other disciplinary action as described by Chapter 51 against a person who violates this chapter or a commission rule.

(b) The commission by rule shall adopt written guidelines to ensure that denials of registration under this section and other disciplinary actions under Chapter 51 are administered consistently.

(c) Before imposing an administrative penalty under Subchapter F, Chapter 51,   1 against a registrant, the department must consider evidence that the registrant:

(1) attempted in good faith to implement or execute a law, policy, rule, order, budgetary restriction, or other regulation provided by the laws of this state, the comptroller, or the governing body or the chief administrator of the appraisal district or taxing jurisdiction that employs the registrant;

(2) acted on the advice of counsel or the comptroller;  or

(3) had discretion over the matter on which the complaint is based, if the complaint is based solely on grounds that the registrant decided incorrectly or failed to exercise discretion in favor of the complainant.

(d) The department may notify the local governmental entity that employs a registrant of a complaint against the registrant by sending a copy of the complaint letter to the local governmental entity.

1  V.T.C.A., Occupations Code § 51.301 et seq.

Cite this article: - Texas Occupations Code - OCC § 1151.202. Denial of Registration;  Disciplinary Action - last updated April 14, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard