Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this chapter:
(1) “Commissioner” means the Commissioner of the General Land Office.
(2) “Barrier island” means an island bordering on the Gulf of Mexico and entirely surrounded by water.
(3) “Peninsula” means an arm of land bordering on the Gulf of Mexico surrounded on three sides by water.
(4) “Recreational vehicle” means a dune buggy, marsh buggy, minibike, trail bike, jeep, off-highway vehicle, as defined by Section 551A.001, Transportation Code, or any other mechanized vehicle that is being used for recreational purposes, but does not include a vehicle that is not being used for recreational purposes.
(4-a) Repealed by Acts 2019, 86th Leg., ch. 1233 (H.B. 1548), § 41(1).
(4-b) Repealed by Acts 2019, 86th Leg., ch. 1233 (H.B. 1548), § 41(1).
(5) “Mainland shoreline” means all shoreline fronting on the open Gulf of Mexico that is not located on a barrier island or a peninsula.
(6) “Restoration” means the repair or replacement of dunes or dune vegetation.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Natural Resources Code - NAT RES § 63.002. Definitions - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/natural-resources-code/nat-res-sect-63-002/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.