Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) All real property owned by the state shall be accounted for by the state agency that possesses the real property.
(b) Each state agency shall maintain a record of each item of real property it possesses. The record must include the following information and shall be furnished to the division:
(1) a description of each item of real property by reference to a volume number, and page or image number or numbers of the official public records of real property in a particular county, or if not applicable, by a legal description;
(2) the date of purchase of the real property, if applicable;
(3) the purchase price of the real property, if applicable;
(4) the name of the state agency holding title to the real property for the state;
(5) a description of the current uses of the real property and of the projected future uses of the real property; and
(6) a description of each building or other improvement located on the real property.
(c) If the description of real property required under this section is excessively voluminous, the division may direct the agency in possession of the real property to furnish the description only in summary form, as agreed to by the division and the state agency involved.
(d) Each state agency, other than an institution of higher education, annually at the time set by the division, shall furnish the Texas Historical Commission with a photograph and information that specifies and identifies the age of each building:
(1) that was acquired by the agency after the date of the preceding annual submission and that is at least 45 years old on the date of the current submission; or
(2) that is possessed by the agency and has become 45 years old since the date the information was previously submitted.
(e) On request, each state agency shall provide the division with any photographs and information furnished to the Texas Historical Commission under this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Natural Resources Code - NAT RES § 31.153. Real Property Accounting and Records - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/natural-resources-code/nat-res-sect-31-153/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.