Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Three originals of the certificate of termination shall be delivered to the secretary of state.
(b) If the secretary of state determines that the certificate of termination conforms to this subtitle and on receipt of a $25 fee, the secretary of state shall:
(1) endorse the word “Filed” and the date of the filing on each original of the certificate of termination;
(2) file one of the original certificates of termination in the secretary of state's office;
(3) issue two certificates evidencing the filing of the certificate of termination;
(4) attach to each certificate evidencing the filing of the certificate of termination an original of the certificate of termination; and
(5) deliver a certificate evidencing the filing of the certificate of termination and the attached certificate of termination to:
(A) the representative of the terminated corporation; and
(B) the governing body of the terminated corporation's authorizing unit.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Local Government Code - LOC GOV'T § 501.404. Delivery and Filing of Certificate of Termination - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/local-government-code/loc-gov-t-sect-501-404/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.