Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) An application for a court order for the management of a person with a communicable disease must be styled using the person's initials and not the person's full name.
(b) The application must state whether the application is for temporary or extended management of a person with a communicable disease.
(c) Any application must contain the following information according to the applicant's information and belief:
(1) the person's name and address;
(2) the person's county of residence in this state;
(3) a statement that the person is infected with or is reasonably suspected of being infected with a communicable disease that presents a threat to public health and that the person meets the criteria of this chapter for court orders for the management of a person with a communicable disease; and
(4) a statement, to be included only in an application for inpatient treatment, that the person fails or refuses to comply with written orders of the department or health authority under Section 81.083 , if applicable.
(d) A group application must contain the following information according to the applicant's information and belief:
(1) a description of the group and the location where the members of the group may be found;
(2) a narrative of how the group has been exposed or infected;
(3) an estimate of how many persons are included in the group;
(4) to the extent known, a list containing the name, address, and county of residence in this state of each member of the group;
(5) if the applicant is unable to obtain the name and address of each member of the group:
(A) a statement that the applicant has sought each of the unknown names and addresses; and
(B) the reason that the names and addresses are unavailable; and
(6) a statement, to be included only in an application for inpatient treatment, that the members of the group fail or refuse to comply with written orders of the department or health authority under Section 81.083 , if applicable.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Health and Safety Code - HEALTH & SAFETY § 81.152. Form of Application - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/health-and-safety-code/health-safety-sect-81-152.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.