In this subchapter:
(1) “Adult” means a person 18 years of age or older or a person under 18 years of age who has had the disabilities of minority removed.
(2) “Agent” means an adult to whom authority to make health care decisions is delegated under a medical power of attorney.
(3) “Health care provider” means an individual or facility licensed, certified, or otherwise authorized to administer health care, for profit or otherwise, in the ordinary course of business or professional practice and includes a physician.
(4) “Principal” means an adult who has executed a medical power of attorney.
(5) “Residential care provider” means an individual or facility licensed, certified, or otherwise authorized to operate, for profit or otherwise, a residential care home.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.