Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 615.102. Duty Weapon and Badge
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) This section applies only to:
(1) an individual listed in Section 615.003(1) who is employed by a political subdivision of the state;
(2) a peace officer under Article 2.12, Code of Criminal Procedure, or other law who is employed by the state, including any state agency or any institution of higher education under Section 61.003, Education Code; or
(3) an individual listed in Section 615.003(7).
(b) On the death of an individual listed in Subsection (a), the employing governmental entity shall provide, at no cost, the deceased individual's duty weapon, if any, and badge to the individual's:
(1) designated beneficiary; or
(2) estate if the individual did not designate a beneficiary.
(c) A governmental entity that employs an individual listed in Subsection (a) shall provide the individual a form on which the individual may designate the individual's beneficiaries for purposes of this section.
(d) A governmental entity is not liable for damages caused by the use or misuse of a duty weapon provided to a designated beneficiary or estate under this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 615.102. Duty Weapon and Badge - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-615-102/
Was this helpful?