Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 536.202. Payment Initiatives; Determination of Benefit to State
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The commission shall establish payment initiatives to test the effectiveness of quality-based payment systems, alternative payment methodologies, and high-quality, cost-effective health care delivery models that provide incentives to physicians and other health care providers to develop health care interventions for child health plan program enrollees or Medicaid recipients, or both, that will:
(1) improve the quality of health care provided to the enrollees or recipients;
(2) reduce potentially preventable events;
(3) promote prevention and wellness;
(4) increase the use of evidence-based best practices;
(5) increase appropriate physician and other health care provider collaboration;
(6) contain costs; and
(7) improve integration of acute care services and long-term services and supports, including discharge planning from acute care services to community-based long-term services and supports.
(b) The commission shall:
(1) establish a process by which managed care organizations and physicians and other health care providers may submit proposals for payment initiatives described by Subsection (a); and
(2) determine whether it is feasible and cost-effective to implement one or more of the proposed payment initiatives.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 536.202. Payment Initiatives; Determination of Benefit to State - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-536-202/
Was this helpful?