Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 534.252. Requirements Regarding Transition of Services
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) For purposes of implementing the pilot program under Subchapter C and transitioning the provision of services provided to recipients under certain Medicaid waiver programs to a Medicaid managed care delivery model following completion of the pilot program, the commission shall:
(1) implement and maintain a certification process for and maintain regulatory oversight over providers under the Texas home living (TxHmL) and home and community-based services (HCS) waiver programs; and
(2) require managed care organizations to include in the organizations' provider networks providers who are certified in accordance with the certification process described by Subdivision (1).
(b) For purposes of implementing the pilot program under Subchapter C and transitioning the provision of services described by Section 534.202 to the STAR+PLUS Medicaid managed care program, a comprehensive long-term services and supports provider:
(1) must report to the managed care organization in the network of which the provider participates each encounter of any directly contracted service;
(2) must provide to the managed care organization quarterly reports on:
(A) coordinated services and time frames for the delivery of those services; and
(B) the goals and objectives outlined in an individual's person-centered plan and progress made toward meeting those goals and objectives; and
(3) may not be held accountable for the provision of services specified in an individual's service plan that are not authorized or subsequently denied by the managed care organization.
(c) On transitioning services under a Medicaid waiver program to a Medicaid managed care delivery model, the commission shall ensure that individuals do not lose benefits they receive under the Medicaid waiver program.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 534.252. Requirements Regarding Transition of Services - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-534-252/
Was this helpful?