Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 533.002. Purpose
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
The commission shall implement the Medicaid managed care program by contracting with managed care organizations in a manner that, to the extent possible:
(1) improves the health of Texans by:
(A) emphasizing prevention;
(B) promoting continuity of care; and
(C) providing a medical home for recipients;
(2) ensures that each recipient receives high quality, comprehensive health care services in the recipient's local community;
(3) encourages the training of and access to primary care physicians and providers;
(4) maximizes cooperation with existing public health entities, including local departments of health;
(5) provides incentives to managed care organizations to improve the quality of health care services for recipients by providing value-added services; and
(6) reduces administrative and other nonfinancial barriers for recipients in obtaining health care services.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 533.002. Purpose - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-533-002/
Was this helpful?