Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 531.0317. Health and Human Services Information Made Available Through the Internet
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) In this section, “Internet” means the largest nonproprietary, nonprofit cooperative public computer network, popularly known as the Internet.
(b) The commission, in cooperation with the Department of Information Resources, shall establish and maintain through the state electronic Internet portal project established by the Department of Information Resources a generally accessible and interactive Internet site that contains information for the public regarding the services and programs provided or administered by each of the health and human services agencies throughout the state. The commission shall establish the site in such a manner that it can be located easily through electronic means.
(c) The Internet site must:
(1) contain information that is:
(A) in a concise and easily understandable and accessible format; and
(B) organized by the type of service provided rather than by the agency or provider delivering the service;
(2) contain eligibility criteria for each agency program;
(3) contain application forms for each of the public assistance programs administered by health and human services agencies, including application forms for:
(A) financial assistance under Chapter 31, Human Resources Code;
(B) Medicaid; and
(C) nutritional assistance under Chapter 33, Human Resources Code;
(4) to avoid duplication of functions and efforts, provide a link that provides access to a site maintained by the Texas Information and Referral Network under Section 531.0313;
(5) contain the telephone number and, to the extent available, the electronic mail address for each health and human services agency and local provider of health and human services;
(6) be designed in a manner that allows a member of the public to send questions about each agency's programs or services electronically and receive responses to the questions from the agency electronically; and
(7) be updated at least quarterly.
(d) In designing the Internet site, the commission shall comply with any state standards for Internet sites that are prescribed by the Department of Information Resources or any other state agency.
(e) The commission shall ensure that:
(1) the Internet site does not contain any confidential information, including any confidential information regarding a client of a human services provider; and
(2) the Internet site's design and applications comply with generally acceptable standards for Internet accessibility for persons with disabilities and contain appropriate controls for information security.
(f) A health and human services agency, the Texas Information and Referral Network, and the Department of Information Resources shall cooperate with the commission to the extent necessary to enable the commission to perform its duties under this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 531.0317. Health and Human Services Information Made Available Through the Internet - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-531-0317/
Was this helpful?