Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 466.107. Minority Businesses
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The executive director and each lottery operator shall take positive steps to:
(1) inform minority businesses of opportunities to:
(A) provide lottery equipment and supplies to the commission;
(B) provide services, including advertising, to the commission for the operation of the lottery; or
(C) obtain a license to sell lottery tickets;
(2) waive or modify bond requirements, if feasible;
(3) award contracts for lottery equipment or supplies to minority businesses when possible;
(4) award contracts for lottery services, including advertising, to minority businesses when possible;
(5) license minority businesses as sales agents;
(6) monitor the effectiveness of the efforts to increase the ability of minority businesses to do business with the commission; and
(7) require all bidders or contractors, when appropriate, to include specific plans or arrangements to use subcontracts with minority businesses.
(b) In this section:
(1) “Minority business” means a business entity at least 51 percent of which is owned by minority group members or, in the case of a corporation, at least 51 percent of the shares of which are owned by minority group members, and that:
(A) is managed and, in daily operations, is controlled by minority group members; and
(B) is a domestic business entity with a home or branch office located in this state and is not a branch or subsidiary of a foreign corporation, firm, or other business entity.
(2) “Minority group members” includes:
(A) African Americans;
(B) American Indians;
(C) Asian Americans; and
(D) Mexican Americans and other Americans of Hispanic origin.
(c) The commission shall annually report to the legislature and the governor on the level of minority business participation as pertains to both the commission's contracts and the licensing of sales agents. The report must include recommendations for the improvement of minority business opportunities in lottery-related business.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 466.107. Minority Businesses - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-466-107/
Was this helpful?