Skip to main content

Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 447.002. Information;  Procedures and Rules;  Measures and Programs

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) The state energy conservation office shall develop and provide energy and water conservation information for the state.

(b) The state energy conservation office may establish procedures and adopt rules relating to the development and implementation of energy and water conservation measures and programs applicable to state buildings and facilities.

(c) A procedure established or a rule adopted under Subsection (b) may include provisions relating to:

(1) the retrofitting of existing state buildings and facilities with energy-saving or water-saving devices;  and

(2) the energy-related or water-related renovation of those buildings and facilities.

(d) To the extent that the governor receives money appropriated for energy and water efficiency measures and programs, the governor, through the state energy conservation office, shall implement measures and programs that the state energy conservation office identifies as encouraging energy or water conservation by state government.

(e) A state agency shall implement an energy or water conservation measure or program in accordance with plans developed under Section 447.009.

(f) The state energy conservation office shall coordinate all water conservation-related activities with the Texas Water Development Board.  The board shall assist the office in the development of all proposed water conservation and reuse requirements and provide training and expertise to the office regarding water conservation issues.

Cite this article: - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 447.002. Information;  Procedures and Rules;  Measures and Programs - last updated April 14, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard