Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 437.302. Composition
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The Texas State Guard is composed of units the governor, or adjutant general if delegated the authority, considers advisable.
(b) To serve in the Texas State Guard, a person:
(1) must be a resident of this state for at least 180 days;
(2) must be a citizen of the United States or a person who has been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence under the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. Section 1101 et seq.);
(3) subject to Subsection (c), must be at least 18 years of age and not older than 70 years of age;
(4) must undergo a criminal history check;
(5) must not be a registered sex offender; and
(6) must be acceptable to and approved by the governor or adjutant general under the governor's direction.
(c) The adjutant general may adopt a policy regarding waiver of the maximum age requirement under Subsection (b)(3).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 437.302. Composition - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-437-302/
Was this helpful?