Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 418.186. Disaster and Emergency Education
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The Department of State Health Services shall establish a program designed to educate the citizens of this state on disaster and emergency preparedness, response, and recovery. Before establishing the program, the department must collaborate with local authorities to prevent state efforts that are duplicative of local efforts. The program must address:
(1) types of disasters or other emergencies;
(2) the appropriate response to each type of disaster or emergency, including options for evacuation and shelter;
(3) how to prepare for each type of disaster or emergency;
(4) the impact of each type of disaster or emergency on citizens requiring medical assistance or other care;
(5) ways to respond in a disaster or emergency or to assist the victims of a disaster or emergency; and
(6) resources and supplies for disaster or emergency recovery.
(b) The executive commissioner of the Health and Human Services Commission, in cooperation with the governor, shall adopt rules to create and administer a disaster and emergency education program established under this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 418.186. Disaster and Emergency Education - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-418-186/
Was this helpful?