Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) A prime contractor, on the written request of a person who provides public work labor or material and when required by Subsection (c), shall provide to the person:
(1) the name and last known address of the governmental entity with whom the prime contractor contracted for the public work;
(2) a copy of the payment and performance bonds for the public work, including bonds furnished by or to the prime contractor; and
(3) the name of the surety issuing the payment bond and the performance bond and the toll-free telephone number maintained by the Texas Department of Insurance under Subchapter B, Chapter 521, Insurance Code, 1 for obtaining information concerning licensed insurance companies.
(b) A subcontractor, on the written request of a governmental entity, the prime contractor, a surety on a bond that covers the public work contract, or a person providing work under the subcontract and when required by Subsection (c), shall provide to the person requesting the information:
(1) the name and last known address of each person from whom the subcontractor purchased public work labor or material, other than public work material from the subcontractor's inventory;
(2) the name and last known address of each person to whom the subcontractor provided public work labor or material;
(3) a statement of whether the subcontractor furnished a bond for the benefit of its subcontractors and materialmen;
(4) the name and last known address of the surety on the bond the subcontractor furnished; and
(5) a copy of that bond.
(c) Information requested shall be provided within a reasonable time but not later than the 10th day after the receipt of the written request for the information.
(d) A person from whom information is requested may require payment of the actual cost, not to exceed $25, for providing the requested information if the person does not have a direct contractual relationship with the person requesting information that relates to the public work.
(e) A person who fails to provide information required by this section is liable to the requesting person for that person's reasonable and necessary costs incurred in getting the requested information.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 2253.024. Information from Contractor or Subcontractor - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-2253-024/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.