Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The governing body of a municipality by ordinance may issue certificates of indebtedness to obtain money to:
(1) operate, maintain, repair, develop, or expand the sea life park and oceanarium;
(2) acquire equipment and inventories for the sea life park and oceanarium;
(3) pay for services when performed, or for items when acquired, for the benefit of the municipality under an agreement relating to the development, operation, equipping, staffing, or maintenance of the sea life park and oceanarium, including a lease, use, purchase, concession, or operating agreement; or
(4) acquire a facility, asset, or right from an operator under Section 1508.206.
(b) A municipality may issue certificates of indebtedness for a purpose described by Subsections (a)(1)-(3) in connection with another public facility:
(1) owned by the municipality in conjunction with the sea life park and oceanarium; and
(2) authorized under Subchapter B, 1 Chapter 305, Local Government Code, or Subchapter A, Chapter 1504.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 1508.202. Authority to Issue Certificates of Indebtedness - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-1508-202/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.