Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Unless written notice is given to the governing body of the municipality in accordance with this section that there is a default in payment of any installment of principal of or interest on an obligation issued under this subchapter or another violation of the terms of the pledge or loan:
(1) a collection fee may not accrue;
(2) a foreclosure proceeding may not be initiated in a court or through a trustee; and
(3) an option to mature any part of an obligation because of the default may not be exercised.
(b) A notice under Subsection (a) must be sent by prepaid registered mail to each member of the governing body of the municipality, addressed to the member at the post office in the municipality.
(c) An action described by Subsection (a) may not be taken:
(1) before the 91st day after the date the notice is mailed; or
(2) if the default that gave rise to the action is cured within the time described by Subdivision (1).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 1508.113. Notice to Governing Body Before Foreclosure or Other Action - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-1508-113/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.