Skip to main content

Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 1501.262. Deposit and Use of Bond Proceeds

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) The governing body of the municipality:

(1) shall provide for the deposit of money to the credit of the interest and sinking fund, the reserve fund, and other funds as prescribed by the ordinance authorizing the bonds;  and

(2) may provide for all or part of the bond proceeds to be deposited to the credit of those funds as necessary to pay interest during construction and for an additional period not to exceed two years.

(b) The municipality shall deposit the bond proceeds to the credit of a fund to be used solely to pay:

(1) the cost of issuing and selling the bonds;

(2) the construction cost of any part of the water supply project that the contract between the municipality and the river authority obligates the municipality to provide;  and

(3) the construction cost of any part of the facilities to be constructed, owned, and operated by the municipality as provided by Section 1501.253.

(c) Before the use of the bond proceeds for construction or during the period of construction, the municipality may:

(1) invest the proceeds in bonds or other direct obligations of the United States;  and

(2) sell the investments as directed by the governing body for construction purposes when necessary.

Cite this article: - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 1501.262. Deposit and Use of Bond Proceeds - last updated April 14, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard