Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The commissioners court of a county may issue bonds authorized under Subtitle A and Chapter 1251 to:
(1) build a county courthouse or jail;
(2) purchase suitable sites in the county and to construct buildings on the sites for homes or schools for dependent or delinquent children;
(3) establish county facilities for needy or indigent persons in the county;
(4) purchase and construct bridges for public purposes in the county or to cross a stream serving as the county's boundary line; or
(5) improve and maintain the public roads in the county.
(b) The commissioners court may issue bonds only if a majority of the voters at an election to authorize bonds vote in favor of the proposition to authorize the bonds.
(c) Bonds to purchase or construct a bridge and to improve and maintain a public road may be submitted by the commissioners court and voted on as one proposition.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 1301.001. Issuance and Authorization - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-1301-001/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.