Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Each of the following persons may invest money held by the person in a deposit account of a savings bank doing business in this state:
(1) any fiduciary, including an administrator, executor, guardian, or trustee;
(2) a political subdivision or instrumentality of this state;
(3) a business or nonprofit corporation;
(4) a charitable or educational corporation or association; and
(5) a financial institution, including a bank, savings and loan association, or credit union.
(b) An investment by an insurance company in a deposit account is eligible for tax reducing purposes under Chapters 221 and 222, Insurance Code.
(c) An investment by a school district in a deposit account insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation meets the requirements of Sections 45.102 and 45.208, Education Code.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Finance Code - FIN § 95.010. Account as Legal Investment - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/finance-code/fin-sect-95-010/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.