Except as provided by Section 2.006 , each person applying for a license must:
(1) appear before the county clerk;
(2) submit the person's proof of identity and age as provided by Section 2.005(b) ;
(3) provide the information applicable to that person for which spaces are provided in the application for a marriage license;
(4) mark the appropriate boxes provided in the application; and
(5) take the oath printed on the application and sign the application before the county clerk.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.