Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Except as provided by Section 2.006, each person applying for a license must:
(1) appear before the county clerk;
(2) submit the person's proof of identity and age as provided by Section 2.005(b);
(3) provide the information applicable to that person for which spaces are provided in the application for a marriage license;
(4) mark the appropriate boxes provided in the application; and
(5) take the oath printed on the application and sign the application before the county clerk.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Family Code - FAM § 2.002. Application for License - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/family-code/fam-sect-2-002.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.