Under the general supervision of the board, the director shall:
(1) assume direction of all forest interests and all matters pertaining to forestry
within the jurisdiction of this state;
(2) subject to the approval and confirmation of the board, appoint the assistants
and employees necessary in executing the director's duties and the purposes of the
board, their compensation to be fixed by the board;
(3) take any action deemed necessary by the board to prevent and extinguish wildfires;
(4) enforce all laws pertaining to the protection of forests and woodlands and prosecute
violations of those laws;
(5) collect data relating to forest conditions; and
(6) prepare for the board an annual report stating the progress and condition of state
forestry work and recommending plans for improving the state system of forest protection,
management, and replacement.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.