(a) The governing board of each state institution of higher education, including public
junior colleges, may promulgate rules and regulations for the safety and welfare of
students, employees, and property, and other rules and regulations it may deem necessary
to carry out the provisions of this subchapter and the governance of the institution,
providing for the operation and parking of vehicles on the grounds, streets, drives,
alleys, and any other institutional property under its control, including but not
limited to the following:
(1) limiting the rate of speed;
(2) assigning parking spaces and designating parking areas and their use and assessing
a charge for parking;
(3) prohibiting parking as it deems necessary;
(4) removing vehicles parked in violation of institutional rules and regulations or
law at the expense of the violator; and
(5) instituting a system of registration for vehicle identification, including a reasonable
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.