(a) This subchapter applies if a teacher requests a hearing after receiving notice
of the proposed decision to:
(1) terminate the teacher's continuing contract at any time, except as provided by
(2) terminate the teacher's probationary or term contract before the end of the contract
period, except as provided by Subsection (b)(3); or
(3) suspend the teacher without pay.
(b) This subchapter does not apply to:
(1) a decision to terminate a teacher's employment at the end of a probationary contract;
(2) a decision not to renew a teacher's term contract, unless the board of trustees
of the employing district has decided to use the process prescribed by this subchapter
for that purpose; or
(3) a decision, on the basis of a financial exigency declared under Section 44.011 that requires a reduction in personnel, to terminate a probationary or term contract
before the end of the contract period or to terminate a continuing contract at any
time, unless the board of trustees has decided to use the process prescribed by this
subchapter for that purpose.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.