(1) describe the educational program to be offered, which may be a general or specialized
(2) provide that continuation of the charter is contingent on satisfactory student
performance under Subchapter B, Chapter 39, satisfactory financial performance under
Subchapter D, Chapter 39, and compliance with other applicable accountability provisions
under Chapters 39 and 39A;
(3) specify any basis, in addition to a basis specified by this subchapter, on which
the charter may be revoked;
(4) prohibit discrimination in admission on the basis of national origin, ethnicity,
race, religion, or disability;
(5) describe the governing structure of the campus or program;
(6) specify any procedure or requirement, in addition to those under Chapter 38, that
the campus or program will follow to ensure the health and safety of students and
(7) describe the manner in which an annual audit of financial and programmatic operations
of the campus or program is to be conducted, including the manner in which the campus
or program will provide information necessary for the school district in which it
is located to participate, as required by this code or by commissioner rule, in the
Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS).
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.