Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) This chapter applies to:
(1) any cause of action based on tort in which a defendant, settling person, or responsible third party is found responsible for a percentage of the harm for which relief is sought; or
(2) any action brought under the Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act (Subchapter E, Chapter 17, Business & Commerce Code) 1 in which a defendant, settling person, or responsible third party is found responsible for a percentage of the harm for which relief is sought.
(b) Repealed by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 204, § 4.10(1).
(c) This chapter does not apply to:
(1) an action to collect workers' compensation benefits under the workers' compensation laws of this state (Subtitle A, Title 5, Labor Code) 2 or actions against an employer for exemplary damages arising out of the death of an employee;
(2) a claim for exemplary damages included in an action to which this chapter otherwise applies; or
(3) a cause of action for damages arising from the manufacture of methamphetamine as described by Chapter 99.
(d) to (h) Repealed by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 204, § 4.10(1).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code - CIV PRAC & REM § 33.002. Applicability - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/civil-practice-and-remedies-code/civ-prac-rem-sect-33-002/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.