(a) This chapter applies to:
(1) any cause of action based on tort in which a defendant, settling person, or responsible third party is found responsible for a percentage of the harm for which relief is sought; or
(2) any action brought under the Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act (Subchapter E, Chapter 17, Business & Commerce Code) 1 in which a defendant, settling person, or responsible third party is found responsible for a percentage of the harm for which relief is sought.
(b) Repealed by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 204, § 4.10(1).
(c) This chapter does not apply to:
(1) an action to collect workers' compensation benefits under the workers' compensation laws of this state (Subtitle A, Title 5, Labor Code) 2 or actions against an employer for exemplary damages arising out of the death of an employee;
(2) a claim for exemplary damages included in an action to which this chapter otherwise applies; or
(3) a cause of action for damages arising from the manufacture of methamphetamine as described by Chapter 99.
(d) to (h) Repealed by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 204, § 4.10(1).
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.