Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) An award issued in an action brought under this chapter must be paid in accordance with this section.
(b) After a deduction of any costs of suit, including reasonable attorney's fees and court costs, 80 percent of the amount of the award remaining must be paid to the state, and the remaining 20 percent must be paid, on a pro rata basis, to each law enforcement agency, district attorney's office, criminal district attorney's office, and office of a county attorney with felony criminal jurisdiction found by the court to have assisted in the suit.
(c) The first $10 million, after any costs of suit described by Subsection (b), that is paid to the state under this chapter in a fiscal year shall be dedicated to the compensation to victims of crime fund described by Subchapter J, Chapter 56BArticle 56.54, Code of Criminal Procedure.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code - CIV PRAC & REM § 140A.110. Disposition of Assets - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/civil-practice-and-remedies-code/civ-prac-rem-sect-140a-110/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?