Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sections 22.352, 22.353, and 22.354 do not apply to:
(1) a corporation that solicits funds only from members of the corporation;
(2) a corporation that does not intend to solicit and receive and does not actually raise or receive during a fiscal year contributions in an amount exceeding $10,000 from a source other than its own membership;
(3) a private or independent institution of higher education described by Section 61.003, Education Code, accredited by a recognized accrediting agency as defined by Section 61.003, Education Code, a postsecondary educational institution authorized to grant degrees under a certificate of authority issued by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board or a foundation chartered for the benefit of the institution or any component part of the institution, a career school or college that has received a certificate of approval from the Texas Workforce Commission, a public institution of higher education or a foundation chartered for the benefit of the institution or any component part of the institution, or an elementary or secondary school;
(4) a religious institution that is a church, an ecclesiastical or denominational organization, or another established physical place for worship at which religious services are the primary activity and are regularly conducted;
(5) a trade association or professional society the income of which is principally derived from membership dues and assessments, sales, or services;
(6) an insurer licensed and regulated by the Texas Department of Insurance; or
(7) an alumni association of a public or private institution of higher education in this state that is recognized and acknowledged as the official alumni association by the institution.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Business Organizations Code - BUS ORG § 22.355. Exemptions from Certain Requirements Relating to Financial Records and Annual Reports - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/business-organizations-code/bus-org-sect-22-355/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.