(1) “Executive director” means the executive director of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
(2) “Operation” means the performance of weather modification and control activities entered into
for the purpose of producing or attempting to produce a certain modifying effect within
one geographical area over one continuing time interval not exceeding four years.
(3) “Research and development” means theoretical analysis, exploration, experimentation, and the extension of investigative
findings and theories of a scientific or technical nature into practical application
for experimental and demonstration purposes, including the experimental production
and testing of models, devices, equipment, materials, and processes.
(4) “Weather modification and control” means changing or controlling, or attempting to change or control, by artificial
methods the natural development of atmospheric cloud forms or precipitation forms
that occur in the troposphere.
(5) “Weather modification and control program” means the research, development, licensing, and permitting and other associated
activities to be administered by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.