(1) “Boat dock” means a man-made structure that protrudes into a body of water for the purpose of
mooring a boat or for other water-related recreation, including boat liveries, and
that is connected to an electrical power source in any manner; provided, that “boat
dock” does not include structures that are privately owned and used exclusively by
the owner or the owner's guests for non-commercial purposes;
(2) “Boat dock or marina operator” means any person, whether owner or not, supervising or responsible for operating,
maintaining, or repairing a boat dock or marina that is subject to this part;
(3) “Marina” means a dock, including a boat dock or basin providing moorings for watercraft and
boat houses and offering supply, repair, or other services, including electric power
supply, for remuneration; provided, that “marina” does not include structures that
are privately owned and used exclusively by the owner or the owner's guests for non-commercial
(4) “Person” means an individual, partnership, firm, corporation, association, or other legal
entity, however organized;
(5) “Vessel” means any watercraft, other than a seaplane on the water, designed and used primarily
for navigation or transportation on the water; and
(6) “Watercraft” means a vessel that is propelled by machinery, whether or not such machinery is
the principal source of propulsion; provided, that it does not include a vessel owned
or operated by the United States government, or this state or any department or agency
of this state, or any political subdivision of this state.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.