Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The secretary of state may commence a proceeding under § 48-65-302 to revoke the certificate of authority of a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state if:
(1) The foreign corporation does not deliver its properly completed annual report to the secretary of state within two (2) months after it is due;
(2) The foreign corporation is without a registered agent or registered office in this state for two (2) months or more;
(3) The foreign corporation does not inform the secretary of state under § 48-65-108 or § 48-65-109 that its registered agent or registered office has changed, that its registered agent has resigned, or that its registered office has been discontinued within two (2) months of the change, resignation or discontinuance;
(4) An incorporator, director, officer, or agent of the foreign corporation signed a document knowing it was false in any material respect with intent that the document be delivered to the secretary of state for filing;
(5) The secretary of state receives a duly authenticated certificate from the secretary of state or other official having custody of corporate records in the state or country under whose law the foreign corporation is incorporated stating that it has been dissolved or has disappeared as the result of a merger;
(6) The foreign corporation is exceeding the authority conferred upon it by this chapter;
(7) The name of a foreign corporation contained in a document filed after January 1, 1988, fails to comply with provisions of § 48-65-106; or
(8) The foreign corporation submits to the secretary of state's office a check, bank draft, money order or other such instrument, for payment of any fee and it is dishonored upon presentation for payment.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 48. Corporations and Associations § 48-65-301 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-48-corporations-and-associations/tn-code-sect-48-65-301/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.